Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mexican Lasagne

So I was a little worried until I tasted it, but this recipe is delicious!!!

Brown 1 lb ground beef (I used ground turkey)
1 tsp Cumin
2 tsp chili powder (I only had taco seasoning which worked good)

Add:
2 cans chopped green chilis
2 cans stewed tomatoes, drained
Simmer for 5 minutes

Preheat oven to 375. In glass pan, place six corn tortillas. Cover with half a can of refried beans. Cover with half the meat mixture, then sprinkle with mexican shredded cheese. Layer another 6 corn tortillas, the rest of the refried beans, the rest of the meat mixture, and top with cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes. You can serve with sour cream on top. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Katie said...

This is my husband's favorite food, I didn't know anyone besides my mother-in-law made it!

Happy Birthday, Michelle! Hope it's a great day!

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

This sounded so good I wrote it down to put into my recipe baggie!

brie said...

hi, hey, i remember you. :)

thanks for the supportive comment on my blog, it honestly meant so much.

and ps - you have an adorably delicious little girl!