Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Moving, Christmas, and our new "baby"

Sorry for the millions of pictures but we finally are getting settled and got our computer hooked up so it's time for catch up...We've been getting our house ready to sell so that meant lots of cleaning and packing. Then we decided it would be impossible to keep clean (and I knew Zach's surprise birthday present may pose a problem if it lived in a house that needed to be ready for show at any time) so we decided to just finish packing up and move into the "old" house. We are now living next door to my parents in their rental which is a house built in 1907 originally lived in by my great (great?) grandma, later by my family while we were building my parents house (two bedrooms and we had 7 people living in it!) and then an aunt and uncle, and also 4 out of 6 of my parents kids. It's definitely "charming." We are loving living so close to my parents, especially Caid! While we've been packing, Caidence has been finding all kinds of new places to play and hide to keep herself entertained.
We tore out a wall in the old house and discovered the original wallpaper.Watching "Finding Nemo" for one of about 30 times in the last week. She is constantly asking for Memo!Merry Christmas! Christmas was so much fun this year now that Caid kindof gets what is going on. She was so excited to find out that all those presents that had been sitting under the tree for the last few weeks actually had something inside! Opening Christmas eve jammies...
Santa brought her a kitchen and it's been a huge hit!
And finally for Zach's big birthday surprise!! Yes I know I'm crazy, moving into a new house, baby on the way, starting school again...but I did it anyways. The opportunity was too good to pass up and this is Zach's dream dog. He was shocked that I actually got him a great dane. Meet our new baby Franklin. He is only 7 months old and already 100 pounds. Gorgeous though! The first day home he had a few accidents in the house, but he's adjusted well and is such a great dog. Caidence doesn't mind him anymore and he loves her, all he has to do is follow her around and he gets food!
Hmmm, they are both on the floor and the dog gets the couch?

2 comments:

The Circus said...

Ha ha ha! That thing is HUGE already!!!! OH MY GOSH!

Brian and Stephanie Wood said...

I am so jealous. I want a dog SO bad!