Wednesday, December 9, 2009

New Beginnings

A lot has happened since Thanksgiving. The economy has hit the Rideout household. I've been working for my father in law for the past 2+ years as a secretary for Iggys. He owned 3 stores from the franchise. Unfortunately location/economy were not on our side. The weekend of Thanksgiving he decided it was time to close them. That next week Zachs two brothers that were living in Idaho running them moved back to Salt Lake. I am finishing up packing the office and finalizing paperwork this week. The first week was very emotional and stressful. But things are starting to look up. His brothers have job interviews that look very promising. His parents are still in the process of figuring out their situation. As for us, we are making all kinds of changes. We have decided to put our house up for sale, move into my parents rental, and finish school. Zach is so close but has been so busy, but now that we won't be paying a mortgage, its a good excuse to fit it in and hopefully finish in the next little bit. I've always wanted to go into nursing and now I can pursue that. I am going to try and get my CNA starting in January and get that out of the way before the baby comes in March, and then work maybe 2 nights a week. I've got my pharmacy tech license, my cosmetology license, why not add another to the list? Then I can do school at my own speed and still be home with my little girls...or so is the plan this week. We think this just may be the kick in the butt we need to pursue our dreams! And if anyone's looking to move to North Salt Lake, have we got the home for you! :)

5 comments:

Paige said...

Good for you!!! Nursing school! You will be fine! Things are horrible for everyone right now... We love you and are on your side!!

The Circus said...

it usually takes a kick in the butt. it sucks, but it always ends up better :)

The Beckstead's said...

Wow, what a whirlwind! I wish you guys the best of luck :)

Vic, Linds, and the girls... said...

I always wanted to go to nursing school. I think it would be awesome to be able to do that. I am sorry with what you have been going through, times are really tough for everyone right now. But the good news is you get to be in my ward. YIPEE!

Hilary said...

I'm excited for you guys. Life sure does bring surprises, sometimes they seem like they will be hard and more work than you'd like, but they ALWAYS work out for the best. You can call me if you need any help.