Holidays are much more fun with kids! The night before Valentine's, Zach and I spent an entire episode of the Bachelor blowing up balloons. Jordyn gave me the appropriate response the next morning when she saw it, a whispered "Oh, wow!" She just stared at them and grinned, and then jumped in to play. Too bad Zach was gone to work so he missed the appreciation of his handy work.

Then the girls helped me make a pink breakfast, scrambled eggs and french toast. I don't love eggs as it is, but trying to cook pink eggs and tell if they were done? I burned half of them in the process just to be safe. And even then I wouldn't even taste them. Biting into a slimy egg? Gag! Even pink, they aren't appealing. The french toast was the same way. I couldn't tell if it was fully cooked so I burned it, and then couldn't get myself to eat more than a few bites for fear of biting into soggy bread.

And I've wanted to get the girls their own chairs for a while but couldn't make up my mind. I found a good deal for some on Amazon, but it said they were on backorder for 4 months so I thought I'd go ahead and order them and then I'd have 4 months to make up my mind. Well, they made up my mind for me when I got an email that said good news, they were back in stock and received them less than a week after I had ordered them, right on Valentine's day. They also got some movies.

I gave Zach root beer and pretzels (that shows love, right?) and he came home with a Victoria's Secret box...with sweats and chocolate inside! He knows me so well! He was probably sick of coming home everyday to see me wearing the same ones. Then today I went to exchange the sweats and, after fighting my kids for 45 minutes and trying to get Jordyn to quit pulling all the bras off the shelves and holding them up saying "Mom, it fits!" I finally left with no sweats. Shopping with kids definitely saves me money!
2 comments:
ha ha ha I'm so loving Jordyn's personality!
Cute chairs. and cute Valentines ideas. What a cute mom you are. I made Cru heart shaped pancakes and was quite proud of myself. I also loved your hair post. If no one else appreciates it just know that I did. Your poor hair has been through the ringer, I wish my hair was that strong. Have to say I am liking your hair in it's current state. You do pull off blonde nicely however. You're just cute!
Post a Comment