Sunday, April 19, 2015

First visit from the Tooth Fairy!

Caidence has been asking me since preschool when she'd start losing her teeth. I told her probably kindergarten. Kindergarten ended and she still had all her teeth in tact. And was not happy about it! So here we are with only a month of first grade left and I did not have a very happy girl! But a few weeks ago she finally noticed her permanent tooth coming in behind, but the baby tooth wasn't even loose. I called and scheduled a dentist appt to get it pulled and Caid was so excited. We got there, she was as happy as can be, and then they tried to give her laughing gas. And she freaked out. She did not want them to touch her. The dentist told her she could just wait and have it come out on its own and she refused to leave without that tooth out. So they tried to give her numbing gel. And she freaked out! So she was once again told she could wait, but she wanted it out. So they tried to just give the shot. And once again, freaked out! Once the dentist tried to send us home, she sat there with her arms folded and wouldn't leave. I have never seen her like that since her early diabetes days. I thought I was going to have to call Zach to come help me get her out of there. But she eventually calmed down. And in the weeks that followed, she got hit in the face with a football knocking it loose and then ran into a wall. And finally the day came where I asked her if I could try one pull and then I'd leave her alone, and one pull was all it took! She set up a tea party for the Tooth Fairy and was so excited to wake up and find a dollar!

No comments: