Lots of celebrating going on around here! We had a hard time getting pregnant with Trey and for a while thought he was our caboose. But then once he was here we knew we weren't done. So when Zach graduated in December we decided we'd try for a friend for him. Then when he didn't pass his test, we decided we'd wait a bit, but I found out we were too late. But poor Zach was so stressed with studying and trying to pass and still work to support us that I decided to keep the secret for a while. He was scheduled to take the test again and I had my ultrasound scheduled for the day after so I decided I'd wait until after he'd tested to tell him. Which meant I had to wait a whole month without talking about it. It actually made it go by really fast and almost didn't feel real because I wasn't sick and I was the only one who knew. I decided to tell him after my appt, but before he'd gotten his test results just in case the test didn't go well. He'd studied so hard for so long, but he was certain he'd failed so I didn't want to deliver this news and add more stress if he was already upset. He was very excited and in shock. But he wouldn't know his results until midnight that night. He made me promise not to stay awake and look until the next morning. I kept my promise. But then I woke up at 1:00 in the morning and couldn't sleep because I kept thinking about how his results were available. So I looked it up and he passed!! I woke him up immediately and told him he was officially a nurse. He didn't believe me and looked up the results again. And again. He had texts from his nursing school friends who had stayed awake and checked for him. They were so excited for him! He's worked so hard and everything was finally falling into place. We were up until 4:00 in the morning. We couldn't sleep we were so excited and relieved. The next day we remembered our best quality $1 sparkling cider so we popped it open to celebrate. We decided once we told the kids about the baby it wouldn't stay a secret for long so this is how we made our announcement. I swore I'd never have a December baby, but I've realized that timing is never in our control and everything happens for a reason at the right time.




No comments:
Post a Comment