Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm Moving...

...to the beach! Or at least I'd like to. I hate the snow. I hate the cold. I hate the wet. I hate scraping my car and having to let it warm up for a half hour before I'm fully dethawed and by that time I'm usually at my destination. I hate that when you walk inside there is snow tracked in no matter how careful you are, and then you step in a soggy carpet puddle in your once dry socks. I hate sliding on the roads, having to leave early everywhere so that you can make it on time. I hate those on the roads who fly past you and think they can still drive the same as if the roads were dry, spraying your windshield with slush. I hate that winter seems to be the longest season, lasting from October or November until April or even May. As much as I love cuddling up in a blanket and watching a movie with hot chocolate, or snow on Christmas morning, I could definitely give it all up to live on the beach!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Excuse me, Gerald, how did you post on Michelle's blog?

Aly Goalen said...

Amen and amen

The beach IS real life said...

I have just the remedy . . .Come see me!

Jami said...

Daily rain is so much easier to deal with! Come live by me!

Katie said...

We're a sunny 70 degrees here today and I still have a sweatshirt on! There are plenty of cheap houses for sale in our neighborhood...