Thursday, March 11, 2010

Its all in the Family

After reading both my sisters' blogs today, I've decided we're all crazy. First Jami has a post in order to save her marriage on two tv room setups because she and her husband can't agree on which layout is best so they've taken it to the polls. Then Jodi writes of what is only a day in her life, shoe shopping. She is the queen of indecisiveness. I have never seen anyone put so much thought into making a decision, only to buy and return and second and triple guess that decision. I've decided I blame them (and whoever we inherited it from) for my own decision making struggles. But if only I had the trait to return things. I now have 3 baby slings because I couldn't decide on a color and 3 nursing covers because they were a good deal. I guess there's always baby showers?? I drive Zach crazy with my rearranging. We've lived in this house less than 3 months and I've already rearranged our bedroom and our closet of all things four times. This week I decided I wanted a swaddle wrap for the baby. Do I get the cheaper one that is plain, the more expensive one that looks cute? I seriously look on ebay every single day to see if there's one I like, then every stores website that may have the same thing, google, etsy, compare colors, prices...I finally found a few I liked, but then I keep myself up at night picturing the pattern in my head knowing that it would be simple to make, but then I know if I went to pick out fabric it would be a two day process just to narrow down the fabric. I did finally order one and am waiting for it to be delivered, but then had to go to a few more stores today just to make sure that I didn't miss one I liked more.

That was just one example this week. I've been trying to decide if I should get Caid an Easter dress this year. I found one that was darling, but they didn't have her size. I told myself that if they had her size I would've gotten it. I checked every Target but none of them had the right size. I was there this week and checked again and of course, that's the only size they did have. I carried that dang dress around the whole store, and in the end put it back because she has so many dresses and doesn't really need a dress. But I told myself that if I could find one for a newborn that matched, I'd definitely go back and buy the one for Caidence too.

Sisters, I blame you.

2 comments:

The Circus said...

LOL I just read all these blogs in that order, Jami, Jodi, Michelle (alphabetical) and I'm just laughing. Love my cousins!

Jodi said...

Ohh, you are such an amateur! Just wait. It gets worse exponentially worse with age and the number of children you have.