Monday, April 26, 2010

Homemade Oreos

Cookies:
2 cake mixes
1 C. Shortening
4 eggs

Mix all ingredients. Roll into 1-2 inch balls and bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes. (For the tye-die cookies, I used a white cake mix, and once it was mixed, divided into four bowls and added gel food coloring and then rolled a little from each color into the ball.)

Frosting:
3 1/2 C. powder sugar
1/2 C. Margarine (not butter), softened
1 8 oz. block of cream cheese, softened

Mix and spread between two cookies. Cookies are best the next day after they have been covered because they will soften.

4 comments:

The beach IS real life said...

These are beautiful cookies. Did you send me this recipe for the cookbook? I don't remember it but I'm going to make them...as soon as my second birthday comes around! :0)

Nicole said...

The rainbow colored ones are so fun! I will have to try making them that way.

Michelle said...

I didn't send the recipe for the cookbook. This was actually my first time making them. I got it from Kalee so she's the slacker who should have sent it!

Kalee said...

Hey hey hey... I DID send it to the family cook book thank you very much. You two just didnt read it very well OBVIOUSLY! :-)