Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Fool me once, shame on you...Fool me twice, call me outsmarted by my 3 year old!!

I recently grounded Caid from TV for a week because she was in this incredibly whiny phase that I'm sure is stemmed from being cooped up inside and watching too much TV. After the week was up I told her she only got to watch shows during quiet time, which is during Jordyn's nap.

So Friday we drove to gymnastics, which we've done every Friday for the past 12 weeks. We walk in and Caid refuses to go in. Usually she loves it and runs right in. She starts crying and telling me she just wants to go home, she's scared, whatever excuse she can to leave. After about 15 minutes, I finally decided she was having an off day and we went out to the car. We got loaded up and she told me she was nervous because she didn't know the kids (she had just got moved up to the 5-6 year old class so she really didn't know any of the kids). But then, she says she just wants to go home for quiet time to watch a show. I told her she didn't get TV if she wasn't going to go to her gymnastics class. Hmmm. How 'bout that? She instantly decided she wanted to give it another shot. So I turn the car around and she goes right in to the last half hour of gymnastics and loved it. And the second class was over she asked if she could watch a show now.

Fast forward to Monday. First thing in the morning she asked if she could have quiet time. I told her quiet time was only during nap time, and she'd be at school for nap time today. She has never had issues at school before, but an hour into class I get a call from her teacher that Caid is crying about stomach pains. I run over and pick her up and she keeps pointing to the same spot on the side of her stomach. The second we get home and I lay her on the couch with a show and lunch, she perks back up. The rest of the day she was running around playing and perfectly fine. I asked if her stomach still hurt, and she said "Yeah and I have a fever. I'm too sick to go back to school." I still don't know if she really ever had a stomach ache, but I do know she's too smart for her own good!

No comments: