So we all know by now I am obsessed with buying things online. You can find everything! But another weakness of mine is infomercials. I don't ever buy anything from them, but I seem to get sucked into watching them. Well I have been holding off on shaving lately so that I could grow the hair long enough to wax. Last weekend I got up to go to the gym and realized my underarms were ready. I heated up my wax but was home alone so had to do it myself. First, I apply the wax, then the wax strip, then pull. Between the burning wax, and the awkward angle, and not pulling fast enough, I needed to reapply. By this point, I have Caid pulling on my leg trying to get me to hold her. I reapply and pull again. Same problem. After I get as much as I can, I am now to the next problem of getting the excess wax off. Soap won't work, it won't stick the strip because it has cooled, I try shaving it off, but end up with a sticky razor. I'm almost late for my class...so I put on my black hoodie and head out the door.
Once I get to the class, I take off my hoodie and lo and behold, I now have black lint stuck to the wax making it look like I have hairy pits worse than the real hair. Then the real torture comes. One hour of lifting, moving, all with the skin sticking and ripping apart with each move of the arm. *I ended up with this rashy, peeling, sore as anything mess.
*Which leads to my next purchase. I have continued to grow out the leg hair, but not daring to wax, and not wanting to shave what I have grown to shave, I had quite the dilemma. Luckily Zach was out of town or I might have been forced to get out the razor (that has wax still on it anyways.)


So I'm at Target and at the checkout. Waiting in line where they have all the "impulse buy" items, I see the Smooth Away. I'd seen the commercials and thought it looked like a load of crap but grabbed it and stuck it underneath all of my other purchases. (I didn't want to see someone I knew and have them see I was actually buying it!)
I don't know if you can tell from this picture but after only a few rubs, the hair was gone! It only took five minutes a leg and I was no longer a hairy beast! I haven't tried the underarms yet, still recovering. 
In case you've seen those informercials and wondered if things actually work, I'll let you in on a few more items. I bought the Ped Egg a while back. (They sell all the As Seen on TV stuff at Bed Bath & Beyond in case you're wondering.) It's basically a cheese grater looking thing but it helps get your feet smooth. Doesn't hurt, and works just like it says.

I made fun of
the Bumpit every time I saw the commercial but Kalee and I decided to order it for her wedding to try. It comes with a large and a small. I personally do not like the large but I use the small all the time for the front section of my hair, as seen in this gorgeous picture!


As for my next purchases, I would like the ShamWow! and Slap Chop. If anyone has ever used these, maybe you could spare me having to buy them in case they suck!

I made fun of
the Bumpit every time I saw the commercial but Kalee and I decided to order it for her wedding to try. It comes with a large and a small. I personally do not like the large but I use the small all the time for the front section of my hair, as seen in this gorgeous picture!The Snuggie is this ugly blanket with arms but Kalee registered for it for her wedding so I got her one for one of her showers and she loves it! Alex wants one for himself, but in an X-Large.


As for my next purchases, I would like the ShamWow! and Slap Chop. If anyone has ever used these, maybe you could spare me having to buy them in case they suck!(So I posted this earlier today and now I am watching Tyra and they are trying out all these items from infomercials to see if they work!)
6 comments:
That picture looks so painful! I am so sorry! I am a big fan of infomercials too, Ben always laughs at me for it. I've wondered about the Ped Egg and now I think I might have to give it a try! Oh and I got a Snuggie for my birthday and I LOVE IT! It's perfect for reading and watching TV cause you still have your hands free.
That is awesome!!!
Thanks for trying all those products to let us know what works best! As for the Slap chop Pampered chef makes a product just like that and it works wonders. You might try that I love my chopper!!!
Michelle - you're crazy! Thanks for giving us your advise on all these things won't admit out loud to anyone that we want to try.
my roommate used the shamwow on some spilt red cough syrup in my very light carpet. it didn't work as well as it said it would. don't waste your money on that one. if you want to try it on a test run you can borrow ours.
oh and i have the pampered chef chopper version too. love it.
Post a Comment