Tuesday, May 12, 2009

T-R-O-U-B-L-E

It seems my sweet little girl has made the change into toddlerhood. Mother's Day I took her to church alone while Zach was recovering from his 3 am arrival from Powell and I discovered her new trick. When she would try and grab things she wasn't supposed to (purses, other kids toys...) I would tell her no and try and pull her away and she turned and tried to bite me. Then when she was playing with her cousin Savannah, who is only a year older, if Savvy would take a toy from her, Caid would bite, even breaking skin. Mother's Day we also experienced our first full out tantrum. Not even sure what she was mad at, but she was bright red, screaming, foaming at the mouth, shaking her fists, and throwing herself on the floor. And our parenting technique? We started laughing.

But we are getting this walking thing down pretty good. She is one busy girl. We are in trouble!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

That's great! Dude, Carter has totally started biting me too. It hurts huh! Still no crawling though. That's awesome that she's starting to walk! I bet that's making you ready for your next huh?

Lori Collett said...

Ah the fun things of kids growing up! Tantrums are the best aren't they? Ha ha... yeah right. Owen is my tantrum thrower. He's gone on for over an hour before. I just ignore it and he gets over it! Biting is harder though! Good luck :)

The Beckstead's said...

Tantrums, don't you love 'em! The worst is when they do it in public - of course you can laugh at their fits when you're home but when they do it at the grocery store you just want to leave your cart in the aisle & run!