Monday, August 31, 2009

Karma

Growing up, I had four older siblings that I shared a room with while we were building our house. They taught me how to climb out of my crib so that I could sleep with them. And apparently I liked to cuddle, bear hug choke your throat cuddle. I even told my mom that I didn't like pillows "cuz pillows are cold and hugs are warm." Well its all come back full circle. Caid woke up in the middle of the night a few nights ago and wouldn't go back to sleep. I brought her in to lay with me until she calmed down and sure enough, as soon as she wrapped her arms around my neck and sprawled out on top of me, she was sound asleep. I tried the hug and roll but she woke up. I tried to lay her softly in her crib but she woke up. I even tried to let Zach take a turn and see if she would cuddle with him. We both got the stink eye, then she climbed across the bed, and wrapped herself back around me. I of course was wide awake at this point so I turned on the tv, waited until I was positive she was out, turned off the tv, closed my eyes, and heard "Mom, hi mom, mama, hi. Hi mom. Hi. Mom. MOM." "Caid, close your eyes!" "Hi mom." The next night she slept over at grandmas.

7 comments:

Jami said...

Tooo funny! Just like her momma.

Katie said...

This post made me laugh so hard! I can totally relate!

The Beckstead's said...

It's so hard to break nasty sleeping habits but they are so cute when they want to cuddle

Lori Collett said...

Ha ha ha, you gotta love it! I think it's sweet, although poor you is probably cursing yourself for loving hugs so much :)

Stacy said...

Precious!

Jodi said...

It's not full karma until she pees in your bed...every night. For a year.

The Payton's Place said...

haha - that's so great!