Thursday, September 10, 2009

Last Days of Summer

Our last few weeks of summer have been pretty uneventful but we've been trying to enjoy every last second. We had the daunting task of cleaning out the garage so I bought Caid a pool to play in so we could get some work done. She did enjoy it for a while outside, but was more entertained playing inside with daddy.
We finally made it to the zoo this summer! I slacked on the mom duty of taking pictures but did get a few. Maybe I was too busy chasing my own little crazy animal! I love how she has to pull faces every picture, we never get a sweet little inocent smile! And look how cute the baby giraffe is! Only a few days old.
And finally...Emery Jane Rideout was born September 4. And couldn't have been better timing! I was at the hospital for my dr. appt (and the official due date is March 29). As I was leaving, I went down to labor and delivery to say hi to Allison who was induced earlier that morning. Right as I got down there, she was delivering so I got to meet little Emery just minutes after she was born. (And of course my awesome pregnancy hormones had me bawling like a baby the second I saw her!)We stopped by later that night so that Zach and Caid could see the baby. Nothing like Caid throwing a tantrum in the middle of the hospital to give all the new mothers a look into the future with their sweet new bundle of joy!

No comments: