Friday, September 24, 2010

Delicious Fall Treat

Yes, Caid is licking her fingers in the back ground. Sorry to those that have to eat them! They are for my niece's baptism tomorrow and her favorite colors are purple and orange, so I did a batch of spice cake, a batch of white cake with food coloring, and a batch of chocolate.
I used the recipe from this link, but tried Spice Cake Mix and was in heaven!http://zmrideout.blogspot.com/2010/04/homemade-oreos.html

Then my friend told me she made chocolate ones last week but did a peanut butter filling. If I hadn't already made enough cream cheese filling for 5 dozen cookies, I would have tried it, so I guess I'll have to try some more once these are gone!

Peanut Butter Fillling
1/3 C. butter, softened
1/3 C. creamy peanut butter
1 1/3 C. powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp. milk
(opt. add cream cheese)

1 comment:

Nicole Brown said...

oh that peanutt butter filling sounds so tasty! you should've just made some filling to eat without the oreos. :) I'm pretty sure thats what I'm gonna do first thing tomorrow!