Thursday, September 16, 2010

I'm pretty sure Caidence has tested every ounce of patience I have left. When she was getting her molars in a month or two ago, she started throwing food because she was frustrated that she was hungry, but her mouth hurt too bad to eat. We broke a few dishes during that time from being thrown across the room. Then she was diagnosed with diabetes and the throwing continued, but we thought maybe she was mad at food because every time she ate she had to get a shot. But now it's getting ridiculous. On Saturday we were on our way to watch my nephews football games and stopped to get lunch on the way. I got her a hamburger and she picked it up to take her first bite, looked at it, and chucked it at the people in the booth behind us. Luckily all the lettuce and sauce fell on me first, the burger fell under the table, and the bun was all that hit them. They just laughed and after I took her outside to talk to her she went back in and apologized to them. And we skipped the football game and went home to bed. Then today we ran to get a prescription filled at Costco and on our way out, Caid asked for a piece of pizza. I got the pizza, sat down, pulled Jordyn out of her car seat, went to pick up the pizza, and Caid grabbed it, threw it behind her and then jumped under the table to hide. I put Jordyn back in her carseat, which she immediately started to scream, grabbed the pizza off the floor while everyone just stared, threw it away, grabbed Caid, and left. I still had more errands, but instead came straight home and put her in her bed. Time outs don't work, spanking doesn't work (yesterday she went on to tell me "Today I threw my choc-ate milk at Jordy. Daddy spanked my patooty right here. It was pretty funny.") I can't just say okay no food then, because if she doesn't eat, her blood sugar goes too low. I've heard to just ignore it, but hello, it's food being thrown across the room. So I'm pretty sure from now on if she throws food, she'll just end up being in bed the rest of the day unless someone has some words of wisdom!

No comments: