Tuesday, April 19, 2011

25 Things You Don't Know About Me

I have a subscription to US Weekly and every week they feature a celebrity and 25 things about them. Every time I read it I think about some of the things I would write about myself, so I've decided to do just that. So here you go, 25 things you may not know about Michelle Rideout.

1. I love US Weekly. And celebrity gossip shows/magazines. I even like all the lame celebrity "reality" shows (i.e. Keeping up with the Kardashians, Khloe and Lamar, Sister Wives, Betheny Ever After, all of the Real Housewives shows, Tori and Dean, and I'm also looking forward to adding the new show Audrina to the list.)

2. I also like all of the teeny bopper shows. (90210, Pretty Little Liars, etc.) This includes movies. I love anything that requires little thinking and still keeps me entertained. And yes I am a Belieber. (If you have any 10 year old daughters, or sons that want to fashion the Justin Bieber 'do, you know what I'm talking about.) My DVR is my best friend.

3. I'm obsessed with online shopping. I can't resist a good deal, especially if it means not having to load up my kids to go to the store. I've bought everything from toilet paper to boxes of cereal. (And yes, as I am typing this list the UPS man just dropped something off.) My mom asked Caidence on St. Patrick's day who brought her all the presents and she said it was from the truck man. (And it's only April, but my Christmas shopping is close to done!)

4. I refuse to clean during naptime. It is my quiet time to read, watch TV, just relax. My house may be a mess, but even if I cleaned while they were asleep, they'd mess it up when they wake up anyways and at least this way I get some "me" time so I'm a happy mom.

5. Chewy Chips Ahoy are my weakness. If I was on The Biggest Loser, this is what they would bring for me during the temptation challenge. I've passed this on to my girls. Jordyn already will grunt and point towards the cupboard and when I open it, she immediately reaches for the cookies.

6. I would take 10 burning hot showers a day if it weren't for the fact I have to dry my hair after. I hate baths, but I could stand in a hot shower forever. And I usually do until the water starts to go cold.

7. If I get my mind set on doing or getting something, I obsess over it, even lose sleep, until it is obtained. I've been to 4 different Walmarts in the last two days all in search of this stupid $2 game I found out about. I finally saw it was in stock this morning so we headed out in our pj's and found it. My house was in complete disaray for weeks while I was painting, but I didn't want to just do one room at a time, I wanted to get it all done! Zach gets things done on his time and it drives me crazy because if I want something done, I want it done now!

8. I've been to more concerts than I can count. Before I was married I'd drive to Vegas if there was a good band playing. We also used to go to a lot of the local bands. 99% were Punk bands so I didn't exactly look like I fit in amongst the tattooed, pierced Goths, but I enjoyed every second. My nickname when I used to work at the pharmacy was Avril (Lavigne). I love music!

9. My dream job would be a hotel critic. I can't imagine anything better than getting paid to travel.

10. I don't swear. I could probably count on one hand the times I've swore (and that's only if you count hell as a swear word.) And the times I have it just sounds awkward and I want to laugh hearing it. I'm just not a natural swearer.

11. I enjoy date nights, but the whole time I just miss my kids like crazy and can't wait to see them. They are total mama's girls...and it's my fault. And I don't even care. I love motherhood way too much!

12. I'm not as patient with Caid as I'd like to be. I expect too much of her because I forget she is only 2. She's just so dang smart!

13. I'm not very into shoes, but I LOVE jeans!

14. I love fashion, but I typically wear sweats or jeans and a t-shirt. If I try and go shopping for nice, cute clothes, I always find myself looking at jeans and t-shirts instead.

15. The first thing I would get myself if I won the lottery would be Lasik eye surgery.

16. I've seen all 10 seasons of Friends multiple mutiple times. And I still laugh every time. I can relate many real life moments to different episodes. "That's like on Friends when..."

17. I can't fall asleep unless the TV is on. I think too much so the TV distracts me and I fall right to sleep.

18. My lifelong dream has been to be a body-builder. But more like this:

than like this: 19. I have a bit of OCD when it comes to certain things, particularly my closet. Skirts are hung according to length and shirts go from tanks to tees to long sleeve, button up, and sweatshirts. And arranged by color within each section. I also can't stand to leave an empty hanger in my clothes. Once the shirt is removed, the hanger is moved to the empty hanger section.

20. Another OCD, the volume on the radio or TV has to end in a zero or five (5, 10, 15, etc.)


21. My name was supposed to be Cammie. When my parents were in the hospital Michelle King came on the news and they decided on Michelle instead. I don't have a middle name so when I was little I sometimes told people my middle name was Cammie.


22. I went by Shelly until 1st grade. I stopped because my teacher was very strict and told me my name wasn't "Shelly," it was "Michelle" so I started going by that so I wouldn't get in trouble. I also changed the spelling to "Mishell" when I was learning to read because the real spelling made no sense.


23. I've popped my knuckles and bit my nails since I was little. I try and break both habits every single day with little success.


24. Blue (peanut butter) M&M's are my favorite. I always save them for last. And speaking of candy, if I have a handful and there isn't an even amount of each color, I have to eat the odd colors first to even them all out. I also don't like any of the food on my plate to touch. I have to have it all spread out so it won't mix together.


25. I love to make lists. I have sticky notes all over, or lists in my phone of things I need to do, get at the store, accomplish this week. If I don't write it down I forget and know there was something I had to do, but can't remember and it drives me crazy.


And this particular list took me 4 days to make! It's harder than I thought thinking up things about myself!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I have the M&M thing too! It has to be even for me to enjoy it.

The Beckstead's said...

Great list, I bet it'd take me longer than 4 days to come up with a list of 25 things about me.