A few months back my older and wiser sister, Jami, wrote an obsurdly long post
here about a sandwich. It was very entertaining, the pictures looked delicious, but it honestly looked like a lot of work for a
sandwich so I read it and forgot about it. Then a few months later we were at the cabin and my other older and wiser sister, Jodi, pulled out the sandwich fixings and made just such sandwich. However, she had forgotten the peppers so it was more of just a meat and cheese sandwich, but tasty nonetheless. So, more time had passed and I was at the grocery store trying to find something to make for lunches, other than PB&J, Ramen, and Mac 'n Cheese with hot dogs everyday. I called Jodi and asked what was on "that one sandwich she made at the cabin." She gave me the list of ingredients and reminded me that it was the sandwich that Jami raved about. They are older and wiser for a reason. Why didn't I listen to them sooner!? This sandwich is now part of my daily happy time. I lay the kids down for a nap, put together this masterpiece, and sit down with my Dr. Pepper to watch my smutty TV. I literally had this sandwich 6 days in a row because I bought a 6-pack of rolls and was scared they would go moldy before I could enjoy every last one. And then I missed it so bad I went back to the store to buy more yesterday. However, I obviously should have read her post right before I went to the store because I remembered there was a red pepper that started with a "P" and got home with
pimientos. I may have to go back to the store tomorrow before lunch to pick up some
peppadews because I'm apparently missing out. I also don't have the patience to bake it for 20 minutes so I just throw it in on broil for about 30 seconds until it's full of ooey cheesy goodness. I also leave out the olives. On purpose. Next time I will not be waiting six months before trying something this delicious if it's worthy of such an obsurdly long post.
2 comments:
Did you find pepppadews? I have looked everywhere and asked every store associate at every store I go to. Nobody has them here.
Recipe (?) please... :)
Post a Comment