Tuesday, October 4, 2011

New 'Do

This was me a few days ago. I've been every hair color possible: brown, red, black with fire engine red streaks, blonde with hot pink chunks, and a few others in between. I've been short and long. So it only made sense that I went to hair school so I could continue with the changes. However, once I graduated from hair school and became a mom, I got boring (or too busy to keep changing) and pretty much stuck to long hair with blonde highlights. For someone who is used to changing it every 2 months, I was long overdue for something new. I knew I liked having long hair better than short, but I needed a change so I had my fabulous friend Teisa cut me some bangs. We started with the side swept and it was enough of a change for a few weeks. Then once I needed them trimmed, I did it myself and decided to go more bold and I cut them straight across. THEN, last night Zach was working late and I decided, "Hey, why don't I dye it?" I've never dyed my own hair. And it is not very easy. I couldn't tell if I had covered all of it. I had strands rubbing all over my arm so my arm ended up all streaked. But I did manage to do it.The end result? Red!! But the blunt bangs made it a little more drastic than I could get used to in one day so they got pinned up. Maybe with time I'll get used to them down. And I need to add some darker brown lowlights cuz once this baby starts fading, I'll look like the Kool-Aid man. Not quite something I think I could pull off without a tan first. :)

4 comments:

Scott, Nicole, Korbin and Eden said...

Cute hair! I like the hoody lol

Jami said...

I love the red! Maybe it's not such an adjustment for me because your hair is a different color every time I see you. :)

Lori Collett said...

Love it! New hair is so fun :)

Lauren said...

I love the brown!! I want to go the Silver lake! Looks so fun! We need to for sure do a play date this week.