Zach's work had a Fall festival and he got to be in the dunk booth. The little girls couldn't hit the target with the ball so they'd just run up and make sure they got to dunk their dad, anyways..
Then we had our Ward Trunk or Treat. I was also babysitting my niece and nephews that weekend so between running around picking up the food for 300 people that we somehow got put in charge of and taking care of 6 kids, we somehow all made it dressed to our party.Jordy may be scarred for life after being left in the van by herself, but she recovered when she found out she got candy.
As we were getting ready for the party, Jord was throwing a fit!! I told her she couldn't go unless she was happy so this captures her mid-tantrum turned laugh so that I would think she was happy.
This one was actually taken a few weeks before when the kids were playing in the costume box, but Caid's face kills me!
I did win an award for my costume, but mainly by default. I was one of the only adults to actually dress up. Boring!
Zach scared everyone away from our car. The little kids skipped ours until he got out. :)
On Halloween day, Caid had her first costume parade! I've gone to my niece and nephews every year since they started and now I'm finally going to my own kids. It's not Halloween without the elementary parade! After they did a little program of songs and then had a pinata.
Caid and her friend, Jaedin
Before actual trick or treating, we went trick or treating at Don's work. This is no minor thing. They got more candy here than anywhere else. Maybe that's why my kids get so excited when we drive past his work all year long.
And then by actual trick or treat time, they were too worn out to walk so they got the royal treatment. But that didn't last long, we didn't walk fast enough so they got out and RAN door to door.
And we can't forget the best part of my girls' holiday, the Wahlens haunted nursery. We went 7 times this year and would have gone every night if I'd let them. They took every friend they could talk into going. By the end they had decided the Wahlens were their Aunt and Uncle and I'm pretty sure Dave and Karen were ready to adopt them. Reminds me of when I was that little and couldn't wait to go over and hang out at their house, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment