Look who is officially off of shots! After almost 4 years of having shots with every meal, we finally got Caidence an insulin pump. She was so nervous and did not want to make the switch. The morning of, I asked her what she wanted to wear and she pulled the blanket over her head and yelled, "Nothing! I'm not getting a pump!" We got to the dr. and she was so quiet and anxious. I had the training and then they had me put in the "catheter." She cried a bit, but then got her prize and seemed fine. And then all of a sudden her nerves got the best of her. She turned white as a ghost and I rushed her to the sink just in time for her to throw up. But by the time we left the office, she felt great and is loving her pump! She loves pushing the buttons, she understands what needs to be entered in now and she even got a pink case for it. Her last A1C was 6.8 which is fantastic, so we're hoping the pump will keep it down, if not lower it more. For her first pump, it's pretty high tech: touch screen, rechargeable, water proof. She likes to tell people it's her phone. She's certainly the bravest girl ever!!



No comments:
Post a Comment