Friday, October 10, 2008

Experimenting with Dinner

So lately I've been trying to be the little homemaker. And my newest effort has been cooking dinner every night. But I got sick of the same thing every other night so I've been trying new recipes. This wouldn't be so hard if my husband could actually eat normal food, but since he can't, I'm forced to be creative. Some of the recent dishes have turned out terrible, but some have been delicious...if I do say so myself. But last night's dish was exceptionally delicious so I'd thought I'd share if anyone is in need of a change.


Creamy Rice, Chicken and Spinach (from Kraft Foods Magazine)
1/4 C. Roasted Red Pepper Italian and Parmesan Dressing
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 1/2 C. chicken broth
2 C. minute rice
8 oz. cube of cream cheese
1 Pkg spinach leaves (8 oz.)
1 Large tomato, chopped
Parmesan cheese

Heat dressing in skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken, cook 3 min. Add chicken broth, bring to boil. Stir in rice, return to boil. Cover. Reduce to medium heat. Simmer 5 Min. Add cream cheese, stirring until melted. Add spinach and tomato. Cover and cook until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.

1 comment:

Jami said...

Yummm! This looks really good. I'll have to give it a try.