Monday, November 16, 2009

Creme Brulee French Toast

1/2 C. butter or margarine
1 C. packed brown sugar
2 Tbps. corn syrup
5 large eggs
1 1/2 C. half and half
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
Bread, to cover the butter mixture ( I used 6 slices)

In a saucepan, melt butter, brown sugar & corn syrup. Pour into a 9 x 13 glass baking dish. Arrange bread pieces on top. Beat together eggs, half & half, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour egg mixture over the top of the bread. Cover and chill overnight in the refrigerator. The next morning, bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

I got this recipe from a friend and decided to try it this weekend. We were up at the cabin with a bunch of friends so I made them be my guinea pigs. It turned out delicious and was so easy!

No comments: