Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First Day of Preschool

Luckily the first day of school went better than the Open House the week before. At said open house, Caid got into a fight. With a boy. Cooper is a little boy in our Ward so me and Whitney decided to sign them up for school together. Apparently since they already know each other, sharing goes out the door and they starting fighting over a toy. I had to take Caid outside kicking and screaming because she was so mad that Cooper took some stupid toy from her. Uncle Alex gave her some bad advice that I had to try and convince her all weekend that he was teasing because she told my poor mother in law that if he fought with her again she would just "punch him in the face." So Monday I drove her to school and told her the whole way "If you fight or aren't nice I will pull you out of school and you will take naps while all your friends are playing." It must have worked because they got along much better. When I picked her up I asked how her first day was. "Good." Who did you sit by? "A boy." What was his name? "I dunno." Well what did he look like? "Justin Beaver."

And I purposely put her in afternoon so I can drop her off, come home and put Jord to bed, and have 3 full hours of ME time!

This is my lovely daughter so happy to be going to school! Actually she was, but I kept asking her to smile for a picture and she said "I AM! Now let's go to class!"
I did finally get a smile once we were outside her classroom.See the "little" boy in the brown stripes next to Caid? He's the boy in blues ONE YEAR OLD brother. I think he's bigger than Caidence! My biggest concern for Caid going to school is her Diabetes. We had a meeting with the school nurse and teacher a week ago and taught the teacher how to test her blood sugar. Unfortunately there are only 3 nurses for all of the schools in the district so she isn't at her school all the time. She did come to Caid's class for the first day to help the teacher, but from here on out she most likely won't be there. I've sent a bag of treats to put in the fridge in case her sugar gets low, the teacher has a detailed list of instructions, and now I just have to hope there's no problems!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

She looks so big! Glad she likes it.