Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Happy Halloween! 2011

I've been putting off posting my Halloween stuff because I have about a million pictures (hey, we're just too fun!) But I guess now that Thanksgiving is quickly approaching, it's time.

GARDNER VILLAGE
We made the annual trek to Gardner Village to see the witches with my friend Crystal and her daughter Livi. Livi was scared of the witches, but Jordyn wouldn't leave them once she found out what a good arm rest their big boobies made!

PLAYING IN THE COSTUME BOX

HALLOWEEN TENNIS AT DADDY'S WORK

Zach's work had a party for all the kids so we joined in on the fun. The point was to hit the ball over and there were targets on the other side (a haunted house, ghost, witch) that if you hit them you got a piece of candy. Caid somehow ended up with a piece of candy every time, but never once hit the ball.Jordy dreaming of the day she's old enough to play with the big kidsDecorating sugar cookies. Up until this point I was doing really good at keeping Jordyn off gluten, but as soon as she decorated that cookie, it was straight in her mouth. I decided to let her start eating it again to see how she was and she hasn't had any problems so maybe she was just having a rough week a few weeks ago. And luckily Caid was more interested in decorating than eating it so I was able to talk her into throwing it away instead of having to figure out how to keep her from going into a diabetic coma!
WARD TRUNK OR TREAT

I love trunk or treats! And our Ward goes all out in the decorating and treats. I decided to give out glow in the dark sticks that were attached to necklaces. Seemed like a great idea until we tried to pass them out and they were all stuck together. Luckily I had little glow bracelets too, but no one ended up getting their glow sticks.
My dad walked in and saw my wig and thought it was real. I've done some crazy things to my hair in the past, but never this extreme.Caid had to strike a pose with a leg in the air......and Jordyn had to copy. Except she couldn't quite figure out how to lift her leg without falling over. (And just ignore my daughter in the background with a straw up her nose.)
A friend of someone in the Ward showed up as Darth Vader to take pictures with all the kids. The Santa Claus of Halloween...My cute friend Whitney and her little girl Lucy (Her husband was the Claw from Toy Story)

HALLOWEEN PARADES

What's Halloween without hitting at least one elementary parade? We made up for missing it last year and went to two! We even got dad to go to one of them with us. We went to Cory and Heather's girls parade on Friday and then Jodi and Don's kids on Monday. (We even went to Don's work after for some trick or treating)Trying to give Caid a shot thru all the tutu froof

TRICK OR TREAT!!

Halloween night we had some friends over for soup and breadsticks and then went out trick or treating together. After so many parties before actual Halloween, my girls were sick of their costumes so we pulled out some warmer ones for trick or treating. The weather was great this year and they definitely are naturals at begging for candy. After we'd been thru all of Shenandoah, the rest of the kids we were with were tired and ready for bed, but ours were just getting started. They could have gone all night, but their boring parents were done. And it's a good thing because they got more than enough candy and I am getting sick of eating it all once they are in bed!

No comments: