Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

As with most holidays, Thanksgiving has been a week long celebration for us. We had the Rideout dinner Wednesday night and the Eldredge dinner Thursday night, which made it so nice to not miss out on either and not feel rushed (or overly sick eating two dinners in one day!)

Thursday morning we went to the traditional Rideout extended family bowling. (I won.) The girls loved it. (I won.) They loved being with their cousins, getting to push the ball themselves, and just do something different. Did I mention I beat Zach? :)Micah surprised everyone and showed up with his kids from Vegas. That's part of the reason we've been celebrating all week. When all the boys are in town, they are inseperable.Cupcakes and crafts at Jeremy and Brittney's house after dinner Thursday
And thank you Pinterest for turning me into Martha Stewart for the holidays!!
These GLUTEN FREE sugar cookies are delicious!! While we were decorating them, Caid was doing the sprinkles and I told her to go easy on them. Without missing a beat, she laughed and said "Duh, mom. I'm 3." You can find the recipe hereAnd these delicious buttery rolls hereAnd let's not forget Black Friday shopping! But why the heck does it start Thanksgiving night now? I went with my sister in laws and we showed up the time it started and everything we wanted was already gone. People had been lined up since 3:00 on Thanksgiving day instead of eating with their families. We did manage to fill the void so we wouldn't be completely disappointed that we missed out on what we were looking for. 2 stores, 5 hours, McDonald's cheeseburger at 3 in the morning. Made for a good holiday!

No comments: