Sunday, September 8, 2013

Trey Danger Rideout

The girls could not wait for their little brother to join our family. They asked daily when he would finally be here. Finally about 10 days before our scheduled C-section, we made a chain for them to count down. We also made bets on how big he would be. I didn't write down everyones so I'm not sure who won, but Jord definitely lost! But we were all good on our guess of lots of dark hair!
I was scheduled to go in for surgery on Thursday, August 8 at 5:00 pm. We had scheduled it that way so it would be after Zach got out of class and he wouldn't have to miss school. It was right in the middle of his first semester finals. That would put me right at 39 weeks. I was going to clean the house, go grocery shopping, get all the laundry done, all the day before. The day of I was going to shower and actually get ready, drop the girls off at Jodi's, pick up Zach from school, and head to the hospital feeling totally prepared, Good plan, right? Well, at around 12:30 am on August 7, Jordyn woke me up to turn on the bathroom light for her. When I got up I realized my water had broke, or so I thought, so I couldn't fall back to sleep. Then I started getting really bad contractions, but they were about a half hour apart. I still wasn't entirely positive if I was really in labor, but they kept up all night. When Zach woke up around 6:00 to get ready for work, I told him I thought I was in labor and he should probably cancel his lessons (all while I'm trying to clean the house and acting very calm.) We woke up the girls and told them that it was time to go to Jodi's because we were having the baby and instead of getting excited, they got mad and said it wasn't time because all the chains on their countdown weren't ripped yet. We dropped them off and went to the hospital, half expecting to be sent home. They got me hooked up to monitors and said I was actually having contractions super close together, but I was only feeling one about every 20-30 minutes. They called my dr. and she was at a different hospital with surgeries scheduled back to back all day and told me I'd have to have one of her partners do the surgery. I was so sad, and especially disappointed when he came in right before to talk to me and had horrible bed side manner and freaked me out saying that I'd probably bleed out and die if I tried to have another baby after this and should consider having my tubes tied. As soon as they got me in the operating room, the nurse came in and told me my dr. was on her way and was going to be able to fit my surgery in before her next. (I later talked to her about her partner and she said he gives that same spill to every patient and he's overly dramatic. I wonder how he still has patients!) The surgery went great, they let Zach watch everything and explained what they were doing and what everything was since she knew he was in nursing school. And the first thing they said when they saw the baby was, "Whoa! Look at all that hair!"
Our sweet little Trey was born at 11:46 am on Wednesday, August 7, 2013 6 lbs 6.5 oz and 18 inches. And had lots of dark hair!
We had lots of visitors that first day, but I didn't remember until I was looking through the pictures later. The anesthesia made me really nauseas and the pain pills made me loopy. At the time I felt totally with it, but apparently not! At this point we hadn't officially decided on a middle name. We knew we were combining Dan and Jerry and either doing Jerran or Danger. Zach was set on Danger, but I couldn't decide if I would be a terrible mom doing that to my child. It had slowly grown on me the few weeks before. Then the day after I delivered I had to fill out some paperwork and I had to give a middle name. I went for it and decided on Danger, and figured if I regretted it later, or if Trey hated it when he got older I could blame it on the Percocet. But now it is totally fitting!
I was ready to leave the next day, but they made me stay the full 3 days. I even got up and showered the first day! This one was much easier than my other two deliveries. We were welcomed home with banners and streamers and balloons. So nice to be home!

No comments: