Buying a house is such a pain! Add buying a house during the holidays and with a newborn and it's something I never plan to do again. The paperwork kept getting screwed up, then the loan we applied for got denied because Zach had only been at his job 6 months so we had to do a different loan type, things would get pushed back because of the holidays, the seller was out of town on the day we were finally supposed to sign...so what a relief to finally close! And moving day ended up being on New Years Day. What a way to start 2016! We had so much help from our amazing families! How we fit so much stuff in our little 2 bedroom house, I'll never know. It took 17 loads to move us. Luckily that was only two trips because we had so many trucks and vans and trailers and people! Zach had to work and I was still too soon out of surgery to help so I just pointed where stuff went and bit my nails in anxiety for making everyone give up their holiday and move us in the bitter freezing cold! But we got it done in one day and slept there that night...without running water. Another problem with moving during the holidays. The water was shut off by the seller and the city offices were closed for the four days. We showered at grandma and grandpas, took laundry with us, and brought back buckets of water to flush the toilet.





No comments:
Post a Comment