Monday, January 11, 2016

Oakley Ivie Rideout

With all the possible complications they were expecting with this delivery, they were keeping a close watch on me. Ultrasounds were showing that she was really small and her growth was slowing down. I was going non stress tests a few times a week. Everything was normal with those luckily, but they decided to take her at 37 weeks. This was my first time not going into labor on my own. They scheduled me for the day before Thanksgiving. That's when the Rideout's usually do their dinner so we dropped off the kids and headed to the hospital. We got there and had about 10 different dr's come in and tell me all the risks I was facing, that the blood transfusion team was ready, that they'd have multiple dr's in there to help, got me good and worried. But we went into surgery and had zero complications. We were told she wouldn't even be 5 pounds from the ultrasounds. Oakley was born on November 25, 2015 at 5:30 pm. When they announced that she was 5lb 8oz and 18 inches, that sounded huge from what we were expecting. She had a full head of dark hair and looked just like our other kids. My parents were there waiting and Zach picked up the kids and brought them in the next day to meet her. They were all instantly in love. Trey had a hard time with me in the hospital, going from house to house, seeing the I.V. in my arm. But he loved his little sister! I'm not good at the hospital thing. I could not wait to get home and 3 days is way too long. No sleep, being uncomfortable, bored, being away from my kids. I was so excited to finally get home!

















No comments: