We decided when Zach graduated school we'd start house shopping. But then he thought about maybe going back to do more school so we stopped looking. After going back and forth and not knowing for sure what he wanted to do school wise, he decided to wait a while. So he started talking about buying rental property. All the ones he found were pretty scary and not very promising. When he brought up possibly buying a nicer house to rent out for s few years and then we'd move in later, I told him I'd rather just buy it for us to move into so we wouldn't have to worry about keeping renters of having them ruin the house we'd be moving in. That was all the push he needed and we immediately started looking. I was 3 weeks out from having a baby and not overly concerned about finding something. I told him I wouldn't mind if it took until summer so we could move in between school years. It started to look like that would be the case when we looked at almost 60 homes and didn't like anything. We looked into building, but didn't like that we'd have to worry about finishing the basement and yard later. Then one day while we were out in Eagle Mountain looking we walked into one that had just been listed and fell in love. It had everything we wanted. We called and made an offer before we'd even got back in the car. Once they accepted the offer, I started packing as much as I could before the baby came. The tree got put away, we were living in a sea of boxes, and Trey unpacked begind me, finding all new stuff to play with. We were supposed to close before Christmas so presents got packed, the tree, most clothes, toys, and everything else I could.


No comments:
Post a Comment