Day 1: My parents came up with us the first day and were going on an Alaskan cruise with my dad's brothers and wives so the first night we all met up and were picked up in the "limo" for dinner. For smaller parties, they send the limo, for larger they send the bus! But it was deluxe, all decked out with lights and leather seats and drinks. The driver knew everything there is to know about Seattle.
This is the view from our table at Salty's. It is out on the peninsula in West Seattle so it has the best view of the entire city. By the time we left, it was dark so the view was even more incredible, all lit up.
Day 2: We headed to Pike's Place to walk around and kill time before dropping mom and dad at the ship.
Even Flat Logann came along. For Social Studies, the kids made paper dolls of themselves and then sent them to someone to see the world. Seeing as Jami is the only one who lives outside of Utah, she got to entertain Flat Logann for a few weeks. Here she is with the gross Monkfish.
The "gum" wall
Kolby serenading my two kids to sleep. I bought Zach a guitar for Christmas a few years ago because he wanted to learn to play, but then never had time. Kolby gave him a few lessons while we were there and he's getting the hang of it!
Day 3: Across the street from their house is a park, tennis courts, and a dog park so we took the dogs over, Caid played on the toys, and the girls even got Zach to teach them some tennis so when they start lessons this summer, they have an idea what they are doing.
Then Zach got to go to his "playground." Kolby works for Microsoft so we went to his work and Zach stocked up on Xbox games and played around on the touch screen computer.
Play place at Microsoft
Maddie and Amelia take a rock climbing class so we dropped by to see their last climb of the day. After class was Friday night Sushi night. We went to this restuarant like you see on tv, where the sushi is made and just moves on a conveyer and you just pick off the plates that look good. There were some pretty interesting ones with eyeballs still intact, but I did have some pretty delicious ones!
Play place at Microsoft
Maddie and Amelia take a rock climbing class so we dropped by to see their last climb of the day. After class was Friday night Sushi night. We went to this restuarant like you see on tv, where the sushi is made and just moves on a conveyer and you just pick off the plates that look good. There were some pretty interesting ones with eyeballs still intact, but I did have some pretty delicious ones!
Day 4: We headed to Alki Beach for the day and it was awesome! There were people everywhere. We were freezing and they were all out in their suits like it was the middle of summer.


Every morning and night was spent just like this and it was perfect! Jami and Kolby's house is incredible. There are french doors all along that lead to the backyard and skylights all over so they would open the doors and have a nice breeze. We would sit out on the patio and read and eat and watch the kids play.

At Pike's, they have chocolate pasta so we cooked it up, topped it with ice cream, hot fudge, and peanut butter, and notice the spoon and fork. We weren't quite sure how to eat it. It was interesting. Very good, but different!
Day 5: Zach went home early to work so Monday me, Caid, and Jami went shopping while Kolby took the girls to the pool. I put Caid in her suit when we got back and we walked over to play. She got in with Kolby and wasn't too sure at first, but once I put my feet in and held her, she didn't want to leave. 
See, now don't you feel like you were there with us?!
We had so much fun with these girls! It's so sad to be home and not be able to play longer! Thanks for letting us come stay!
First thing in the morning and last thing at night, and all in between, Caid was looking for the woof woofs. And they weren't too far away because if she wasn't sharing her food with them, they could at least get a snack by licking off her face and hands!
Caidence kept asking for a go-gurt and then decided it was a bit too much for her. Even before she would take a bite, she would start making the face!See, now don't you feel like you were there with us?!
8 comments:
Ahh man! I'm so sad I missed it. But now I get to go in June and you have to stay home.
What a fun trip! I love Seattle! Love all the pictures!!
I love it. Tarl and I are planning a trip up to Seattle this summer and now I have a few fun things to go check out.
well if everyone's going to visit jami and kolby i want a turn too!
Looks like you had fun! I'm happy for you, that you got to go on such a fun trip!
Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!! I am still trying to figure out how my invite got lost in the mail and wondering why you just didn't drop it off since you live so close....j/k
What a fun trip. We went to Seattle a couple of weekends ago to see the Red Sox at Safeco but we were only there long enough for the game. I definitely want to go back and see some sights.
Seattle is so much fun. Brady & I spent a lot of time up there when we were first married. I'm glad to see you had a good time & that little Caid was good!
Post a Comment