When Caid gets ornery, it's hard to know if it's because she's 3, and a girl, or if it's her blood sugar so any time she starts acting that way, I first check her blood sugar. If it's low, I try and explain to her that the reason she is sad or ornery is because she needs some sugar in her body. She is now using this to her advantage. We were going to Costco and she wanted some pizza. I told her maybe we could get some on our way out. We started our shopping, then had to go wait in line at the pharmacy, with her continuing to ask the whole time if she could get some pizza. Finally as we were checking out at the pharmacy, she said, "Mom. I think my sugar is a little too low. Maybe you should go get my pizza now!"
We were going to bed and I checked her blood sugar. It was low so I was trying to ask her what she wanted to eat, but she just kept saying she was tired and didn't want to eat. After a half hour of trying to get her to eat, she pulled the covers over her face and tried to get me to leave her alone. I told her she needed some sugar and I wouldn't let her go to sleep until she ate or drank something. She finally grabbed the juice I was holding, gulped it down, and said "See, the sugar in my belly is higher! Now can you just leave me alone and let me sleep?"
I must spend a lot of time in sweats because one day I walked out in jeans and a t-shirt and Caid said "Wow, mom. You look so pretty, like, so fancy!"
We passed the laundrymat and she told me "I sure wish I could do laundry in the giant laundry room one day."
We were over playing at Zach's brothers house and he has three boys. Caid loves to play with them, but when we left she said "Those boys were being mean. They kept hitting." I told her that's what would happen if she had brothers. She was immediately concerned and said "I don't want boys in my house. All boys do is make a huge mess all the time." I hear ya on that one!!
November 2018
7 years ago
1 comment:
ha ha ha! I love that girl! I need to see her more. Up for giving some haircuts? :)
Post a Comment