Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Winter Entertainment

The snow has hit. That means hibernation has begun. Curling up by the fire, wrapped in a blanket reading a book and sipping hot chocolate. I wish. With two toddlers, it pretty much means trying to find things to keep them entertained during the time we used to spend playing outside all day. Remember my not so clever idea of buying glowstick necklaces for Halloween? That just means I had 72 extra glowsticks laying around. So, thanks to the clever people on Pinterest, I gave the girls a glow in the dark bath!Having a cozy night in, hot chocolate and Netflix we've hacked from the neighbors. :)So far this next project has created hours of entertainment. I got the idea from my friend's blog (http://somekindofdelicious.blogspot.com/). I got one of the under the bed storage boxes, a 10 pound bag of rice, a 5 pound bag of pinto beans, and a bunch of cheap toys. Caid calls it her sandbox, Jordyn likes dumping it on the floor. But at least it keeps them entertained and with a little vacuuming, the mess is gone!She was sick of me taking pictures.

1 comment:

Jami said...

I remember doing this with Maddie when she was little. It's fun to change out the "discovery" box every now and then with different textures--oatmeal, water, etc. Have you seen the rainbow rice on Pinterest?