Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Value Olympics Girls Camp 2012

Yay for Girls Camp!! (And yay for Girls Camp being over!!) I love love love Girls Camp, but as the director it is so much work! We went up to East Fork of the Bear Boy Scout Camp in the Uintas. They had a lot of the activities set for us, but we had no idea what our schedule was until we got there so I had to plan without knowing how much time I would be left. It ended up working great. We had a menu planned and then had to change it right before because of the fire ban so I ended up making Cafe Rio burritos before and then all we had to do was warm it up. That is definitely the way to do it! Make all the food before and have very little prep once you get there. We had 21 girls and 4 leaders and they got along great! No drama, everyone got along. Shocking for that many girls, but they were all awesome! And lucky for me, I got put in the YW presidency so now I get to be with them all the time!
Leaders and our setup
Archery (and our modeling waiting for everyone to finish. We really should be hired for magazine ads.)
Rifle shooting
Just a few of our MANY pictures from our photo scavenger hunt (which my team won big time!)
Team Building games (human knot, lap sitting, and ninja)
Rock climbing
Hanging around camp and snipe hunting (We took the girls snipe hunting since half of them are Beehives and had never been. We went way up the mountain where we could barely see. As we were waiting for the older girls to catch a snipe, McKenzie and I started screaming and running. A skunk walked right in front of us, about 6 inches away. He then came back during dinner bishopric night, but luckily kept his distance.)
Crafts and Awards
And this is what happens when the girls steal your phone!

No comments: