Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Heber Valley Rideout Vacation

We went up to the church property in Heber for two nights for the Rideout vacation this year. In the words of Caidence, "IT WAS AWESOME!!" It was a great setup for a family vacation. We had 3 cabins and ended up with extra beds. There was plenty of room for everyone. We saw deer everywhere, chipmunks hung out in your camp, they had a volleyball court right by us, we did canoes and paddle boats on the lake, and everyone did the zip line. Caidence tried to back out right before her turn, but decided she'd give it a shot. And she was so glad she did! The second she started climbing the huge ladder, she got the biggest smile. Then she sacked it faster than I could! Jordyn tried, but got a little nervous at the very top so they let her swing from the rope a little and then brought her down. She said she'll try it again when she's bigger. Trey looked homeless the entire time. He played in the dirt and rocks, ate rocks, threw food in the rocks and then ate it. He could not be happier. The first night I was so uncomfortable I never fell asleep. I literally read 1 1/2 books in one night. I finally dozed off at 6:00 am, only to be woken up by kids at 7:15. The second night was slightly better, but there's no better feeling than sleeping in your own bed after a vacation. 











No comments: