Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Rideout Campout

We usually go to Lake Powell every year with Zach's family, but there was so much going on this year we decided to just do a weekend in the canyons. We stayed at Tanners Flat up Little Cottonwood Canyon. I love camping. I love tents and fires and being dirty. I've been begging Zach since we got married to go camping and this was the first time we've actually gone!
Saturday morning we decided to go for a "little" hike. The hike up to Cecret Lake was only 0.4 miles and we thought it would be short and easy with all the kids. It ended up being hot and long and rocky and steep! And snowy...Then once we got to the top the kids were so hot and just wanted to get in the water and we found out it was drinking water and there was a major fine if anyone even touched it.

No comments: