I was in charge of the car rental and told Zach I got us a Chevy Aveo, or just the basic car. He was extremely surprised when we showed up and I had gotten him a Jeep. I asked him why he was so surpised that I got a Jeep and he said "Because you're usually so cheap." Well, thank you. But I did get it thru a deal website so he's right. :)
The view from our condo
Playing on the rocks and beach at our condo
There isn't really a place to swim at the condo because it's so rocky so we found an amazing white sand beach about a mile down from us. Since we were still on Utah time, we were waking up around 5:30 and to the beach before most people were awake.
I love this picture. In the background you can see Zach jumping in the waves. He was like a little kid the whole time. We could not get him out of the water!
Jordyn loved it until the salt water got in her mouth. The rest of the trip she would keep a hand on her mouth every time she went near the water.
I really wanted to find a beach with sea turtles. I had no idea how lucky we would be! The first beach we found was full of them! They would swim right up with you and there would be about 4-5 at all times. This girl picked one up so the girls got to pet it. Then one of the locals said not to touch them because they get anxiety. Then my brother texted me and said it's because they are promiscuous little guys and have turtle herpes. They didn't seem too scared of everyone around them so I'm pretty sure it's the herpes. One time a huge wave hit and Zach and a turtle collided and Zach ended up with a huge scrape down his leg from their rough shell.
The first night we tried Bubba Gumps. Not impressed. We stopped at Costco the first day and stocked up on food, but we did eat out a few times.
No comments:
Post a Comment