The whole trip there was this necklace I wanted at the flea market. I never had enough cash while I was there or we'd buy pineapple instead or we'd be on our way to the beach and wouldn't want to carry it so we finally decided we'd stop on our way to the airport. The one time I have money and time to get it, the guy had closed his shop! He was standing right there and all his stuff was set out, but he said he was closed and wouldn't sell it to me!
The Kona airport was amazing! It's all outside, so sitting at your gate, there's birds flying around and the palm trees blowing.
Caid found herself a "purse" in the bathroom that she put her jewelry in and carried around all over the airport. She was even nice enough to get one for her new Asian best friend to carry around.
Besides the necklace, another thing on my Hawaii bucket list was a family picture of us all in front of the beach or palm trees. And not when we were all sandy or wet or dirty. They did take a cute one of us at the luau but Zach was all out of cash after I made him buy our leis. And I don't know why they won't just give them to you anyways since they already had them printed and were just going to throw them away! So we had to settle for a blurry cell phone picture at the airport. Not quite Christmas card worthy.
The girls thought it was pretty neat to be able to walk all the way up to the plane to get on. (Ok I did, too.) I thought that benadryl that almost got confiscated in security would do the trick on our red eye, but instead it made me promise myself to never fly with a two year old again! Of course the plane was full so there were no open seats to let them lay on to sleep. We were on the middle row of 3 seats and Zach was by himself a few rows back. He offered to trade but the girls just happened to want me, dangit. Each seat had an individual tv so the girls wanted to watch shows and wouldn't go to sleep. But they also wouldn't just sit quietly and still and watch a show. After about 3 hours Caid finally fell asleep, but her legs were hanging out in the aisle and her head was on my seat. Jord had her carseat on the other side of me, but was laying on the floor throwing a fit, mostly in the aisle. She finally fell asleep so I pulled her in by my feet. So I had a car seat on one side of me, Caid on the other side and half of my seat, and I couldn't put my feet down because Jord was in the way. When we landed, I suddenly felt sick and beelined it off the plane leaving Zach with the girls and all the stuff and ran straight for the seating area and layed on the ground. I thought I was about to pass out. Once I was finally able to walk and make it to the car, Zach had to go back in and get all our bags from baggage claim. When we got home, I went straight to bed (leaving the girls to fend for themselves) and slept for a few hours. When I woke up, Jord was asleep on her bedroom floor and Caid was playing with toys that were now scattered throughout my previously clean house. I then moved to the couch and fell back to sleep and when I woke up Jord was asleep next to me and Caid was asleep on her top bunk bed. We woke them up after a 3 hour nap and all went to bed an hour later and slept 13 hours. And whatever I was sick with when I got off the plane is still hanging around three days later and I'm miserable! But I'll take it after a week in paradise!!
November 2018
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment