Saturday, December 31, 2011

Sleepovers!!

Over the Christmas break, we had Layla sleepover with Caidence. We put them to bed watching "The Little Mermaid" and hoped they would fall asleep watching it. I went to bed and just as I was drifting off to sleep one or the other would come tap me. "I have to go to the bathroom. I need a drink. I want cheese." I finally went out and turned off the tv once the movie was over and turned off all the lights and told them "goodnight." Again. 12:30 I wake up to hear clinking in the other room. I go out and see Layla playing with blocks in the dark. I tell her it's time to put the blocks away and go to sleep. Well, in Layla fashion, she tells me in her sassiest voice "Just a minute, Michelle." I took the blocks from her and told her goodnight, and she stood in the corner pouting and mad at me. But I didn't hear from her again. Then at 4 am, Caid comes in crying. But it's the crying where she is still asleep so she can't tell you what's wrong, and I'm tired and don't want to fight her. I don't see sleepovers any time soon in the future.

No comments: