Since Zach was little, his family had a tradition of sitting on his dad's knee on Christmas Eve and then everyone would say something nice about them and then his dad would give everyone a dorky present, dollar store or something similar. They kept doing it through the years but once everyone was married and had kids, it ended up being a 3 hour long event so we decided everyone would just start doing it in their own individual families. So this was the first year of Zach having the kids sit on his knee. And it was about a 30 second event. He gave each of the girls a My Little Pony, and he even got me a present. I got a Sonic gift card for drinks, because he said I'm "Super" Sonic. :)


Along with pajamas, we gave the girls a body pillow and blanket. I bought them months ago, had them hidden in the laundry room, and one day walked in to see the girls playing on them. I quickly hid them and hoped they would forget. Then not too long ago we were walking thru Costco and Caid pointed at the bin of them and said, "Look mom! That's what you got us!" I guess I need a better hiding place next year.

Christmas Eve jammies





And once the kids were in bed, it was Christmas Eve puzzle time!! And a little Chevy Chase Christmas Vacation in the background.

No comments:
Post a Comment